- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or equivalent practical experience.
- Having 2 years of work experience in a data analysis related field.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL)
- Having a Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods.
- Having applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Experience articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
About The Job
As a Data Scientist, you will evaluate and improve LogicPlum's products. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and analysts on a wide range of problems. This position will bring scientific rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of product creation, development, and improvement with an appreciation for the behaviors of the end-user.
LogicPlum is and always will be an artificial intelligence company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's most significant challenges and make a substantial impact on the businesses it supports. At LogicPlum, data scientists not only revolutionize practicality of solutions, they routinely work on the scalability of solutions, a variety of data problems, and entirely new methods of solving problems with our platforms. From tabular data to image data, text data to clustering, anomaly detection to time-series, LogicPlum Data Scientists are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop comprehensive knowledge of LogicPlum data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for product development.
- Interact cross-functionally, making business recommendations (e.g., cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of LogicPlum's user-facing products.